Finally, for today, some very quick sketches of one of our new plants. I didn't reach it in time with my camera before the migraine took hold and later when I returned, Mark had already planted it - not only had the rain set in but it has been planted in a little area in front of the basement window, not easily accessible so that it can grow up the side of the house and hopefully along the balcony!
So no photos, just sketches of a stem that broke off. The flowers had decayed slightly but as the edges turned black it made an interesting subject. I can't remember it's name but it's something like a Chinese Trumpet (I'll update the post when I find out) and the flowers are bright, glowing orange turning to red on the inside. The line drawing shows the trumpet before it has opened. It looks like it will just burst open but it has overlapping petals so it must open in a circular motion, one by one. I'm rather pleased to have found it because Mark and I saw one growing on a lovely old wooden building and not only did it's bright orange trumpets look amazing even from across the street but it was obviously a really vigorous climber, covering nearly half of the three storey building.
HB and B pencils.
Update: It's a Chinese Trumpet Creeper.